[DeTomaso] Detomaso Publicity and Enthusiasm...was Re: New Pantera Owners?

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Wed Feb 13 15:01:18 EST 2013

 I bought my car when I was 32, when my two boys were 2 and 3.  They have grown up with the car and we've shared good times with it.  Both boys were taught to drive with a clutch in the Pantera (since it was almost impossible to kill) and the older even drove it to his senior prom.

I played what-if with them a while back and asked which vehicle they would like to have when I die.  The older said he would like to have the Pantera and surprisingly the younger didn't show much interest in any car.  Although my older son is kind of into cars, I'm sure the drawing point for him wanting the Pantera is more that it was dad's car vs lusting after a Pantera (like I did).

Tom