[DeTomaso] New Pantera Owners?

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 06:30:12 EST 2013

My ex-wife (while we were still married) wanted to buy a new car for
herself.  I objected because I was driving an 84 Mustang and she was
driving an 88 Mazda MPV. Basically, I needed a new car worse than she did.
 She said that if she could get a new car, once it was paid off, I could
have whatever car I wanted.  I said (verbatim), "Ok.  I want a Pantera."
She said, "WellŠ It has to be practical."

She got her car, a new Volvo station wagon - 5 cylinder turbo.  A few
years later, I bought a 93 Mustang Cobra, and she went nuts.  She was
upset because I bought it without her being there, even though I told her
I was going to buy it, and she was okay with it.  Weird.

About a year after I remarried, the 93 Mustang was stolen for the 3rd
time, and this time it was stripped to the bone.  I replaced it with a 97
Mustang Cobra.  About a year after that, I bought a 72 Pantera.  I loved
it so much, I sold my 67 Mustang.  I should have sold the 97 Mustang and
kept the 67.

I was 33-34 years old when I got the Pantera.  I should have done it in my
20's.

--
Will