[DeTomaso] FW: cars owned

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 20:06:54 EST 2013

of course we all agree.  my fun day car is a 2008 corvette z06.  fastest thing I have ever been in.  But I think I actually had more fun driving my 91 mustang.  Back then, fuel injection was more primitive, so you could blip the throttle at a stoplight, without the engine hanging at high rpms like all these fuel injected cars do, and with my exhust cutouts, sound really cool.  and even spin the tires once in a while without fear of wheel hop or breaking anything.  But none of those cars are as much fun as my old 69 mustang, which is slower than anything, but sounds great with open headers and feels great with that rumble at cruising.  And i can spin the tires all day with that old 9 inch rear.  numb steering, heavy clutch pedal, no radio.  But that's the beauty of the classic muscle car - it looks good, sounds good, and feels good.  it just doesnt rive all that good (and dont get me started on trying to start a carbureted engine after it has been sitting for a few weeks...)  i guess we're dinosaurs because we appreciate the time we spend driving there more than the speed with which we get there.  justin