[DeTomaso] NPC (mostly): Cars you have owned

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 23:14:19 EST 2013

I have owned the following:

1985 Honda CRX. Worst car I've ever owned.  I always had a soft spot for egg cars but that egg cracked and was definitely rotten.  All kinds of weird stuff broke.

1991 Ford Mustang LX 5.0. Ex highway patrol car, bought it for 3900 right from the state.  Great car, drove it through college.  Sold it when I finally had a real job and never looked back.

2000 Nissan Maxima.  Best car I've ever owned.  Put 200k miles on it and had to replace a bunch of stuff after a run-in with a curb on a very icy road.  I have since had to rebuild the manual tranny but it was cheap and easy.  One clutch lasted for 200k+ miles!  Still driving it.  Engine still purrs.

2003 Honda Accord V6.  You would think I learned my lesson on the CRX above.  $3600 in repairs on a tranny that went out with 105k miles on it. Honda knows they have tranny problems but won't issue a recall.  Has electrical problems and the central dash just lost lighting (a known issue, $900 to replace with remanufactured unit). Bad seats, oh fun. Unfortunately still have it and hate it.

1988 Ford F150.  270k+ miles on the straight six.  Engine still going strong and probably will outlast me.  Great backup vehicle and great for doing yard work.  Still have it.

1991 Honda Civic.  Inherited from my wife when I married her.  Not great.  Good thing we had it in a garage or it would have been stolen many times.  So glad it's gone.

1971 Pantera.  Still under construction.

Also drove a 1966 Ford F250 in high school, and that is the only vehicle I miss.  Great old truck.  Five different primer colors and loved it.