[DeTomaso] Fwd: Re: Wear particles.

dave londry davel at emspace.com
Fri Feb 8 21:10:56 EST 2013

Interesting.
My crank is stock ford, ground to 3.7", but somebody put a lot of time
into balancing it.
It must have 30 removal pits.
I weighed the rods and the pistons and they have been completely matched
too.

I think I could go up to 3.9" in a quality stroker.
I'm not up for undersquare.
But that's probably just because I spent too much time as a kid looking
down my nose
  at all those old long-stroke engines.
The only one I ever owned was a 1600cc BMC engine (and I broke it!)
dave

On 08/02/2013 5:52 PM, Charles Engles wrote:
> Dear Dave,
>

>              All of my engines are stock stroke.  The only strokers I would consider building are the 377 and 383.  Maybe....after I finish the Mark III and Mark IV engines, I might do a stroker--a 377 ci stroker.
>
>                       Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles

>>> 604 72l 2278 cell