[DeTomaso] NPC (mostly): Cars you have owned

Jeff Cobb jeffcobb1 at me.com
Fri Feb 8 16:49:39 EST 2013

That is one major list Jerry, congrats.

I also was breastfed on CASTROL and love machinery.

In order starting in 63,
--Sears go-cart and mini bikes- age 8
--Bonaza mini bike with Hodaka ACE 100,
--Honda 90 Trail bike
--Hodaka 100,
--Penton 125 green tank, my first race was in 69.
--Puch 175 motocrosser
--Husky 250 cr and wr
--Carrabella 125 Motocrosser, factory sponsored
--69 Ford F-100, large v8, four speed 4wd
--Maico 501
--Bultaco 250
--69 Gt6 +, shaved head, headers and I lowered floor and trunk for more space
--71 Toyota Corona, two alternators for the Super Oscars, high watt Ampliluxs and Cibie high beams. Turn all lights on at idle and kill the engine.
--71 El Camino 350

then being 20 yrs old in 75, I woke up and found these:
--56 LOTUS 11 series 2, wide body Le Mans found in a Tennessee barn and brought to Louisiana in 75 while being towed on a pink boat trailer by my Corona with a 2" trailer ball welded to the rear bumper.
--56 Benz 300d
--74 BMW Bavaria
--81 Suzuki 750
--Mazda RX-3 wagon
--75 BMW 530 with a BAE turbo kit and massive soundproofing.
--67 Benz 280se
--67 Maserati Ghibli Euro hang down trunk lid, bought from the Italian Embassy in New York and drove home
--82 Celica
--87 Benz 280 sel
--77 Toyota truck for my gas station workers
--67 Lambo 400 gt, bought from the president of the Ferrari club in Atlanta and hauled butt home, felt like James Bond
--Suzuki Ninja 900
--67 RHD MINI 1275 Rally
--74 Jenson Healy roadster
--86 Jag XJS coupe v12
--71 Benx 280 Se 4.5 with 8 nitrous foggers and a 25# tank, could top out the front shocks upon acceleration at 30mph with rear wheels smoking.
--69 GMC truck 350
--a 120 mph 18' hydroplane with a Chrysler 280 ci and jackshaft drive to two eared prop
--83 GMC truck 350, 4wd
--86 Toyota truck with camper
--91 Ford Taurus as a going away present for ex wife.

Reawakened in 89 after a seven year stint to a Cuban artist:
--85 Jaguar XJ6
--69 Benz 250 SL pagoda
--94 Benz 400E
--89 BMW 325
--92? Crown Vic
--69 Maserati Ghibli SS bought @ Concorso Italiano 1999 - perfect, Shipped home. The most handsome car I have.
--91 Volvo for my step son.
--93 928

Then taste changed again in 2004:
--98 Benz E430, 8 nitrous foggers with 4 solenoids, 31 gal fuel tank in same spot but done because of lowered floor above diff, 400 pounds of lead, 2 pd/cft urethane, Dynamat, extruded ceramic blankets, aluminum foil with silicon backed heat sheets and closed cell sponge neoprene insulation, remapped ECU, on and on. 83 decibels on scale c at 153 mph on a damp I-49. Has gone to 163 mph@ 6,300 in 4rth gear without nitrous.

--71 Espada series 2 bought on E bay Aug 2005, won it on the 68th bid and drove into and shown @ Concorso Italiano from Thousand Oaks. My baby and cool daily driver with fantastic sounds.
--69 Mangusta prototype bought from PMI. This was Eugene Bordinate's personal car, still has only 3,507. with his personal license plate. Shipped home. My most beautiful car.
--73 Maserati Bora 4.9, found in a barn in Ramona, Ca. and drove to San Diego, supposed to be the first Bora sold in USA. Shipped home.
--Formula 6000 race car, mid engined 350ci/430hp, thm 350, 89 Vette rear end, the only one made and very scary.
--99 Ford F150
--63 190sl
--94 Chevy work truck

Now into my mature machinery phase after a divorce of a fifteen year marriage to Luci.
Cars to get;
--Vallelunga.
--2006 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster
--BMW monster sport bike

I have not thought of all these machines in so many years. Thanks everyone for this thread which woke me up to my forgotten past.

Jeff Cobb
Cell 225-907-4514

Jeff Cobb Auto Works
1316 South Acadian Thruway