[DeTomaso] Wrong cam with Webers....

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 8 09:14:02 EST 2013

Actually Will, those cams you're running have an LSA of 110, which is not
nearly as radical as LSA of 106.
The ICL for them is 106 not the LSA.

Barry

----
[DeTomaso] Wrong cam with Webers....
Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 18:58:43 MST 2013

I have posted this before, butŠ

I ran my car with a CompCams 282S and currently with a 294S.

These are old school solid lifter cams with "mild rough idle" and "rough
idle" descriptions.  I don't have the specs handy, but they are on a
106deg lobe separation and they have a lot of overlap.

My car had the usual mean Pantera idle with a Holley.  When I switched to
Webers, the idle completely smoothed out.  I can't imagine it getting any
smoother with a wider lobe separation, and to be honest I don't want it
smoother.

I haven't run it hard (on a dyno) to watch the reversion, but I plan on it
once I get the car together.

My point is that I disagree that a wide LSA is needed with Webers to
smooth out the idle.  I am sure that it helps with reversion and may make
more power, but how much smoother can it get?

--
Will