[DeTomaso] Miura tools

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 6 17:14:02 EST 2013

5K?...I'll sell my tool kit for 5K.

--- On Wed, 2/6/13, MikeLDrew at aol.com <MikeLDrew at aol.com> wrote:

From: MikeLDrew at aol.com <MikeLDrew at aol.com>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Miura tools
To: lashdeep at yahoo.com, tmshinro at aol.com, detomaso at poca.com
Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 12:26 PM

In a message dated 2/6/13 9 31 20, lashdeep at yahoo.com writes:

> If they are correct and original...yes.
>
>>>I once had just one piece of a stock Pantera tool kit.   it's the bit
that engages the lug nuts on one end, and is turned by the ratcheting handle
on the other, and has a plastic disc that you hold to support it.   It was
kind of rusty and crappy-looking.

Turns out the Iso Grifo and Bizzarrini both use the same setup.   A guys
restoring a Bizzarrini found out via the internet that I had this thing
floating around, and bought it from me for a hundred bucks or something like that!

It astounds me that a full, original tool kit can add $5-10K to the value
of a high-end Ferrari, Lambo, Aston Martin etc.   I think the tool kits were
purchased as a kit, and thus the Pantera kit might be identical to those
used in some of those other Italian cars.   Imagine buying a nice, stock
Pantera, lifting the tool kit out of the trunk and selling it to some Iso guy for
$5K!

Mke