[DeTomaso] NPC Collective question

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:49:09 EST 2013

Corvette or an M roadster.  With the corvette, you can go to the
track, roast your brakes, change the rotors and pads out in the
parking lot for a predictable sum.

The M roadster will keep its value and give you all the gins you want.
 It has no soul though.  The motor is a potato with a pedal at one end
that squirts out power at the other.  Lot of enthusiasts and lots of
aftermarket.

Or a used Miata with a supercharger.  Sure it's not worth a lot but
when they've depreciated they stay at the same level and they are dead
nuts reliable so they don't depreciate *more*.  With your kid working
so hard, a MIata is great if you don't want to do a lot of wrenching.

Honestly a nice used Porcsche Cayman is a true sports car that will
reward you endlessly if you drive it well.  But you have to drive it
well.  You can also get a Nissan GTR and it will practically drive
itself and beat everyone while you're at it if you are skilled or not.
 It's super heavy but who cares.

I'm really jealous of the person who got your 351C Cobra.  That is a
perfect car in so many ways :)

sean