[DeTomaso] Engine Break In - Oil Pump Prime

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 07:33:45 EST 2013

Congratulations.  It almost sounds like you had something lightly plugged.
 It is hard to believe it would take 30 minutes just to purge the air.

But now that you have oil flowing, that's one more thing off the list.

Make sure you get the distributor in the drive shaft when you reinstall
the distributor.  I rebuilt a 302 when I was in high school.  The install
was a gaggle of kids.  I don't know who installed the distributor, but
they didn't get it aligned.  When the engine was started, I had zero
pressure.  Now I always crank it with no plugs while watching the oil
pressure.

--
Will