[DeTomaso] Engine Break In - Oil Pump Prime

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Feb 2 15:49:13 EST 2013

In a message dated 2/2/13 8:54:30 AM, gow2 at rc-tech.net writes:

> What about a small supplemental electric pump? Let say I have been
> working on a car fro 2 years or it has just been sitting while I drive other
> cars. Would it be feasible to have a hookup; even if it was a temporary
> removable hookup for an electric pump to lubricate the system before firing it up?

That would work, or a lighter setup is currently sold by Peterson Fluid
Systems: a block filter mount with a small 20 psi pump built-in that's designed
to be turned by a drill motor for exactly this reason. it's intended for
permanent connection to race engines and difficult to-prime Ford modular and
GM LS engines with crank-driven oil pumps. Will take some minor plumbing but
after what you've already done, you'll have no problem figuring it out. Go
to <www.petersonfluidsys.com> & look for 'primer filter mount'. I've been
looking for someone to test this out on a Pantera's 351-C, which will need a
long extension or a flex cable to conveniently reach the little pump's
hex-drive. FWIW- J Deryke