[DeTomaso] Racing a Pantera

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 2 12:37:55 EST 2013

It's pretty much HPDE/open track events or the NASA/SCCA Club/Time trials type events. Club trials is the class for cars that are typically still street legal and don't have full on race safety equipment. That said I ran SCCA Club Trials for a season in the Ultima with faster lap times than the Time Trials guys, so it's a bit of a misnomer, although some sanctioning bodies have restricted passing zones on Club Trials.
HSR and SVRA are vintage restrictive and for most part car has to be period correct with minimal upgrades.
Here's a link to SVRA supplemental regs for De Tomaso and you can run in Group  5, 6 or 10; http://www.svra.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/DeTomaso.TextMark-1.pdf
Julian