[DeTomaso] Engine Break In - Oil Pump Prime

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 2 11:20:21 EST 2013

On the '74 I'm going to install an accumulator, but on other cars that have not been used in a while I'll pull the coil wire and turn over until I see some oil pressure building, not ideal but easier than pulling the dizzy and priming, but I'll do that if car has been sat long enough (my rule of thumb is more than 6 months). The underlying message is get out and start it frequently or better still dive it regularly!
Julian