[DeTomaso] Engine Break In - Oil Pump Prime

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Feb 2 11:12:47 EST 2013

FWIW,
Anytime I do a rebuild, I always pre-prime the pump before I install
it.  I make sure the innards are well coated with oil or break-in oil.
That helps create a seal while the pump turns.  If you don't have that,
it may take a lot more time to get the proper suction created to pull
the oil up through the pump the very first time.

Asa

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA