[DeTomaso] Really Hot Header

sean mundy seanmundy at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 26 19:19:53 EST 2013

Had some free time after opening presents and checked the timing.

Timing was at 2deg retarded!

Hopefully this is the only reason its not running very good.

I took the distributor out and saw some bad news.
My bronze dist gear was worn down so that the gears were very thin and razor sharp.

The gear didn't look like it had spun on the shaft because of a broken pin.  Think I remember

that Mike Drew had this same issue with his new engine a couple years ago.  Can't

remember what he did to resolve it though.