[DeTomaso] Fuel tank repair

Stephen Nelson steve at snclocks.com
Wed Dec 25 11:17:29 EST 2013

Every time I repair something on one of my cars I give myself a lecture on
what could, and likely will go wrong.  My lecture gets longer depending on
the risks I am exposing myself to.  Something as simple as properly
tightening the nut that locks a tie-rod end in place.  Right - long lecture.

Flip side, I do a lot of things that could be considered very dangerous.
That was my job when I was doing haz-mat work.  But, developing a plan was
also part of that work.  Assessing risks, covering contingencies, dry runs,
all part of the process.

Purging with inert gas, be it argon from a welding tank, or exhaust gas from
a car - either one will work.  Filling the tank with water?  Been there,
done that.  Everyone of us can do great work, and everyone of us can make
really dumb mistakes.  Even the pro's.

Research your problem, plan your work, plan for the problems that will
arise, and keep on keeping on.

Merry Christmas you guys!

Stephen Nelson

SNClocks.com <http://www.snclocks.com/>

Click here to join one of our mailing lists Contact
<http://fs19.formsite.com/kagforms/form675003155/index.html>  Lists

Click here for our new
<http://www.snclocks.com/TheRestofourWorld/Hammered-Dulcimers/About-Steves-D
ulcimers/19824807_4sHGgj#1558377542_LKmkrT7> Hammered Dulcimers galleries

Click here for my new blog <http://www.perfectoldman.com/>  on finding
happiness in retirement

  _____