[DeTomaso] Fuel tank repair

Stephen Nelson steve at snclocks.com
Tue Dec 24 10:29:22 EST 2013

I will be picking my tank up today from the radiator shop that repaired it.
Ok, no rust through in my tank, in fact, it was in pretty good shape.  The
shop first cut a whole through the side of the tank so they could get inside
and completely clean the inside, including removing the original coating.
They then welded the hole back up, thoroughly cleaned the inside and out,
then coated the inside with a fuel-impervious flexible coating and painted
the outside.  Total cost $250.

They would have brazed/welded any holes, and, given that the coating
protects the metal, would have given me back a functional tank if they had
to fix holes.

Hope this helps.

Stephen Nelson

SNClocks.com <http://www.snclocks.com/>

Click here to join one of our mailing lists Contact
<http://fs19.formsite.com/kagforms/form675003155/index.html>  Lists

Click here for our new
<http://www.snclocks.com/TheRestofourWorld/Hammered-Dulcimers/About-Steves-D
ulcimers/19824807_4sHGgj#1558377542_LKmkrT7> Hammered Dulcimers galleries

Click here for my new blog <http://www.perfectoldman.com/>  on finding
happiness in retirement

  _____