[DeTomaso] Fuel tank repair

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Tue Dec 24 01:12:23 EST 2013

My gas tank had holes in it when I first bought the car.  We found they were worse than we thought once we removed the tank and did a close examination, so I found a tank another Pantera owner was selling, and I bought that.  It had been recoated and was in good shape, and I think I paid less than $400; a great price.
I don't know if you can get a deal such as I did, but that might be a better way to go than repairing yours, since taking the tank in and out is a pretty big hassle.
Just my 2 cents!
Chris