[DeTomaso] : Stock shoulder harness mounting system

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Dec 19 03:24:28 EST 2013

In a message dated 12/18/13 20 20 46, terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov writes:

> Holy Crap!  That doesn't look safe to me!
>

>>>On the contrary--it's an incredibly strong restraint mount.   In fact,
this particular car was involved in a head-on collision that utterly
destroyed the car, but the occupants were saved by their four-point harnesses.   The
car had a standard aftermarket shoulder harness bar, attached with just
these two bolts.   The force of the impact was strong enough for both the bar
and the firewall to give and bend slightly (which probably helped avoid upper
body injuries), but the restraints held just fine, and in fact there is
zero indication of any trauma when looking at this thing from either side.

You can feel perfectly confident about your seat belt mounts, that's for
sure!