[DeTomaso] Really Hot Header

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Tue Dec 17 13:42:22 EST 2013

Without knowing anything about what your problem is, a rich exhaust can
cause a red hot header too. I found this out the hard way when I missed
matched the header order in a set of headers I made. In my case the lack
of back pressure allowed unspent fuel to burn in the header doubling my
Exhaust Gas Temperature readings in most throttle settings.

This was easy to tell. By removing the header, these tubes were sooted up
charcoal black. These rich primaries also had metal discoloration where
the others did not.

Gary