[DeTomaso] advice on seats

The Goyaniuks andriykoisg at yahoo.ca
Mon Dec 16 07:33:28 EST 2013

I have leather Recaros in mine and I love them.  They also date from the early 90's and have the adjustable thigh support.  I spent quite an effort to make them fit as low as possible with Recaro tracks. (custom made adaptors).  Unlike the originals, they support my back nicely.   The stock seats were just too low in the back.

I would recommend sticking with the recaros.  Rebuild them and recover them.  Fixing the foam is not a problem.

BG

I have seen owners who remove the upostrered rear and cover the fire wall directly. It must add  about 2 inched to the rear. It helps. I had C4 driver seat that I liked but the match did not fit well on the pass side.messed with BMW ricaros too. I just reupolsted my originals with a kit from SCAA and used memory foam in the bottom with no tracks.Dropped floor on driver side   Bill 1362.-----Original Message-----