[DeTomaso] advice on seats

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Dec 15 23:45:10 EST 2013

I've seen that brand before--I might check them out.  But I really like the way the Recaros feel.
Chris

Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] advice on seats
From: will.kooiman at gmail.com
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 23:39:50 -0500
CC: chrisvkimball at msn.com; detomaso at poca.com
To: kenn_green at yahoo.com

Find a dealer that has Corbeau seats.  Try an LG-1.  I haven't driven my car with these seats yet, but they fit the car nicely, and they were comfortable at the shop.
I mounted mine to the floor with Porsche 911 mounts.  The Porsche has a flat floor pan, similar to a Pantera.

On Dec 15, 2013, at 6:58 PM, Ken Green <kenn_green at yahoo.com> wrote:I bought a pair of Sparco Milano seats covered in a fake suede (Alcantara?) material and they fit me really well, but I had to remove the parking brake handle to make enough room for the passenger seat.
I think a good upholstery shop can replace the padding when they recover the seats, and inspect the frames.  That seems like the best option.
Ken