[DeTomaso] Nurburgring Pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Dec 15 23:43:07 EST 2013

Hi guys,

Surfing the internet I stumbled across this video, showing Dr Martin J
örgens racing his well-known blue with white stripes Pantera at the Oldtimer
Grand Prix at the Nürburgring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj5twj2FXFs

Note that this is the 'new' course, not the old mountain course.   The
in-car telemetry is interesting.   I think he may have a taller 5th gear
installed, as the rpm drop between gears is fairly pronounced.

There are links to other videos from previous years, different events etc.
on the side.

This car is a standard USA L-model that was imported to Germany a few years
back, completely gutted, and turned into a race car by Willi Braun.   His
company, De Tomaso Tuning, specializes in race-preparing Panteras and
Mangustas, and building killer street cars (no bling to be found here!)   Here's
his company website:

http://www.detomaso-tuning.de/index2.html

Good stuff!