[DeTomaso] advice on seats

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Sun Dec 15 17:54:10 EST 2013

Chris,

I have the same problem with a set of seats in my '71.  When I purchased
it a year ago the owner was really proud of the fact it had Recaros.
Unfortunately they were from the '80s and were tattered as well as had a
broken base.  Have even looked for seat covers for a short term
solution.  Missed the last few sets of the Corvette seats and would
rather rebuild an engine than spend $3000 on a new seat.
Have checked Ebay on and off for a year..  Most of the Ebay seats are
new and Chinese.  I did find a set covered in "genuine PVC naugahide
leather".  Most of the aftermarket seats that I find are 36" back length
and 34" would be a stretch in my car.  I don't remember the year model
of the Corvette seats but that and Fiero seats have been mentioned a lot
here.

Still looking,
jerry knotts