[DeTomaso] Interview With Mike Ring Of Ringbrothers About

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Mon Dec 9 17:10:23 EST 2013

Beautiful metalwork. But I'd rather have the estimated $125,000 it cost for the rework to use for my own ideas, even if the 'before' car was a total mess. Most of the fun is designing & doing the work, not trailering things like this to car shows and not driving it.?

In HRM this month, a similarly priced 1940 Ford coupe won the big-time Ridler award, then was driven over to a local car show- not to accumulate another plastic trophy but to hang around with other car nuts. All the local guys commented that this was the first big award winner they'd ever seen move under its own power on the street. With a blown, EFI-injected flathead! REALLY wish I'd been there!