[DeTomaso] F1 Experience

Ron Fogle rfogle1 at aol.com
Mon Dec 9 17:05:15 EST 2013

I did the Nascar Experience at Charlotte this past summer.  It was also great.  I'm going back, and may do the F1 cars.  I talked my wife into doing a ride along while we were there, next time she wants to drive.  It was very intense. I think I did 8 laps or so.  When I was done, I was drained as the adrenaline high wore off.  There were at least 6 other cars on the track with me, rev limited to about 150mph, and the ride along car that was cruisin the outer lane at about 170.  I was supposed to press the button on the wheel to talk to my spotter, but there was alot going on, hitting the marks, listening to the spotter, trying to drive smoothly, watching the traffic, and not doing any of the things that they guaranteed would spin you into the wall at 150.  The marks looked like dots on either side of the middle lane just prior to the turn.  They wanted the car to enter the turn between the dots.  After I was done I walked down and looked at the dots.  They were 12 inches wide and about 10 feet long.  I thought it would be cool to drive all the tracks over the next 10 years or so.  No burnouts in pit lane allowed! ;-(  .  Could not help but chirp em shifting into second.  It's very cool now, I relive it a little every time I see a race at Charlotte on tv, only they are going about 50mph faster in traffic!

Ron

Ronald M. Fogle
President
Cuyahoga Valley Management, Inc.