[DeTomaso] Carb and fuel pump

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Dec 9 13:49:01 EST 2013

Dan,
Thank you for a well thought out response, as usual.

I don't think I have a fuel or air restriction.   I'm running a decent K&N
filter that is three inches high and 14" in diameter.  The fuel filter I'm
running presently is a large clear plastic style like you mention.

Now, it is entirely possible the filter is getting dirty.  It's also
possible the sock in the tank is all crudded up.  It's also possible the
Fuel pump isn't keeping up.

I also got word back this morning from Chuck Nuytten who looked up my
emissions carb and said there wasn't much he could do with it.  I imagine
your speculation that it could be restricting fuel may be accurate.

Overall I have a lot more to be looking at.
Thank you,
Asa  Jay

Sent using Jedi mind tricks.