[DeTomaso] Pantera water pump pulley?

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 8 21:03:26 EST 2013

Mike

The Pantera water pump pulley is a unique Ford part number to the Pantera.
PN was D16Y 8509-A.

Parts with A D16Y prefix are Pantera specific.

Barry

----
MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Dec 7 17:03:25 MST 2013

Hi guys,

I recall that the Pantera crank pulley is unique to the Pantera (two
sheave, four bolt, of a certain diameter), true?

What about the water pump pulley?   I recently had a pair of Ford 351C
water pump pulleys fall into my hands--one from a Pantera.   Their offsets
are
very different from one another.   Is the deeper offset Pantera pulley
unique
to the Pantera, or is it fairly common?

I ask because if it was special, I would take the time to sandblast and
paint it and offer it up on E-bay as a Pantera part.   But if it's just a
generic Ford thing used on zillions of cars, then it might not be special
enough
to warrant my attention.

Looking forward to your thoughts...