[DeTomaso] Carb and fuel pump

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sun Dec 8 16:56:44 EST 2013

Is there a chassis dyno near you?

If the fuel pump is inadequate or the carb is jetted wrong the mixture will go lean at full throttle and high revs, and you would learn that on a dyno.

I don't know what mixture condition you'd see if the carb is just too small.

When I got my Dino the carbs had been changed to another type of Weber.  The chassis dyno showed the mixture to be too lean and the (points) ignition breaking up at high revs.  Holley fuel pump, rejet carbs on dyno, and electronic ignition took care of the problems.

Jim