[DeTomaso] Rear Ball-Joint Removal

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sun Dec 8 16:04:28 EST 2013

Upper ball joints on both ends are lightly loaded compared to the lowers and practically never wear out, so yes- it can be re-used safely if its in good shape. By 'good shape' I mean it feel tight and doesn't rattle when shaken.... Replacement boots are stocked at some Pantera vendors. While its out I suggest you add a zerk fitting so it can be occasionally greased. When you reinstall it (rears only), be sure the slot for ball stud travel is oriented as stock or you'll get metal to metal contact on bumpy roads. Good luck- JDeryke