[DeTomaso] Pantera water pump pulley?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 8 01:02:20 EST 2013

Scott at SACC Restorations sells both crank and water pump pulleys in billet aluminum for some of that all important weight saving. Priced pretty reasonably at $89.95 for the water pump pulley and $74.95 for the crank pulley. The water pump pulley is an overdrive being a smaller 4.9" diameter it increases water pump speed by 11%.

The theory goes that other 351 powered Fords had a larger crank pulley, up to 7" diameter whereas the Pantera crank pulley is 5.5" due to space constraints, so the Pantera cooling system suffered from the outset. There has been some prototype testing over on the PI forum

http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4250045562/m/2521007946?r=2521007946#2521007946

Julian