[DeTomaso] Fast and furious crash . . .

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Thu Dec 5 19:56:32 EST 2013

That's why I used the word "can" rather than "will".  Actually even front-engined cars can be set up so they will oversteer on a dropped throttle, but mid and rear engined cars are more likely to do it as the weight transfers to the front, the rear suspension goes away from negative camber, and the rear grip decreases.

I learned to drive in a Fiat 850 Coupe-  in that car driving at limit (on backroads away from everyone) + lifting in mid corner = spin.  You just had to be sure there wouldn't be anything that would make you lift until you were going straight again.

Admittedly, the Pantera is a much better designed car.

Jim