[DeTomaso] Switch Repair

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Thu Dec 5 08:44:35 EST 2013

Thanks Asa, I understand that facet.  In the case of the fan switch
autopsy, I could visibly see the path for the electrons in the switches
three positions.  However, the headlight switch has a different
arrangement and trying to mimic the positioning of the contacts within
the switch, while it is apart, does not make it clear as to how the e
electrons travel from one side to the other. I engaged the exercise with
another person to ensure that I was not missing the obvious and both of
us are scratching our heads.  I'm reasonably good when it comes to
electricity and this switch has me baffled. I am missing something, a
part (seems unlikely), deformation of the case or contact points (
however both light switch assembly housing that I disassembled are
identical.

I probably need to disassemble a working switch learn more.  Anyone got
pics of the internals of a working switch?  Fat chance, eh!

JT