[DeTomaso] Switch Repair

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Thu Dec 5 00:31:41 EST 2013

I had some mixed success this evening.  I successfully repaired and
rebuilt a 6 prong fan switch that is in the console.

However, I am at a loss understanding how the 8 prong light switch
functions.  I reconstructed one from the parts of two and did not
achieve the desired continuity.  I disassembled the switch again and
scruitinized how the nylon prongs would shift to movements of the toggle
to make electrical connections to the prongs.  However, I cannot figure
out how the pieces could possibly work.  It is as if I am missing a
part; although I methodically deconstructed two 8 prong switches and do
not believe that to be the case.  I am at a loss

If you have been down this road, let me know the secret.

Thanks
JT