[DeTomaso] Mike Dailey Paging Chuck Melton

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 21:38:06 EDT 2013

Chuck, I've sent you a number of emails since 7/8 agreeing to your
suggestion to add Xs to my VIN like you said you have done for others on
your website and the messages seem to be not making it through.  There might
be an email problem, I don't know.

I know you are a busy man, just please let me know when you have the X edits
done.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

While I don't like to discuss private matters publically, I am responding in
the environment you initiated.

Yes, I am busy, to the point where I have to prioritize my e-mail.  People
who want my time, and have shared some De Tomaso content receive higher
priority.  This is one method I use to filter traffic, as I get more demands
for my time, than I have time to give.  Your website probably generates
similar interest and time demands, so I'm sure you can relate.
I have replied several times already. It seems you are not getting my
messages.  Perhaps check your spam filter, so I don't need to repeat myself.

Bottom Line: There is nothing to "XX" out.

No one has bothered to add any photos of your car (which surprised me!) or
they were removed a long time ago; at last check there is not even a photo
or detail page containing the most basic information or history. This means
there is nothing to mask with X's, and nothing to protect you from scammers.

As I suggested before, if you had created the detail page for a car, you
would be empowered with owner authority, linked to your account and
password.  You could include just enough information to defeat some
deceitful person.

Bottom Line: An owner improves their security by having a Detail & Photo
page.  Again, you do not have one.

As an example didn't you recently have some deceitful person use details of
your car in an advertisement scam? This would be MUCH easier to spot if
there was a registry entry a buyer could reference to validate the
advertisement.

Perhaps you should review the FAQs page to understand the basics of how the
registry functions.  This would answer many of your earlier questions to
which I have already replied.

Best Regards,

Chuck Melton