[DeTomaso] Screen above front of engine

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Fri Aug 30 08:44:30 EDT 2013

Dear Rick,

                  I had a similar problem years ago before I gave up and
just left the screen off.   My option was to take my stock engine screen
to a sheet metal shop and ask them to duplicate it.   The imperfect, but
adequate, copy was then ever so slightly modified for my purpose.   You
might  be able to find a sheet metal shop or a good body shop to
fabricate a modified engine cover with a discretely raised mid portion
to permit coverage of the distributor.

                                  Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles