[DeTomaso] Replacement Carb Recommendation

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 08:24:42 EDT 2013

I replaced the new Edelbrock Carter-style carburetor that came on my car.
It ran okay when I got the car, but it ran terrible a year or two later.
I had changed something else on the car.  It wasn't the carburetor's
fault.  But, I didn't want to invest time in a carburetor I didn¹t like.

So, I bought a Holley 650 double pumper.  It ran fantastic right out of
the box.  I started tuning it to make it better, and ended up with a Quick
Fuel Technology style carburetor.  It has a Holley ProForm main body, QFT
metering blocks and base plate, and Holley Dominator fuel bowls.  A few
years later, QFT started selling this exact carburetor through Summit.

SoŠ my recommendation is to buy a traditional Holley carburetor.  Vacuum
secondary is fine if you are mostly street.  I like double pumper because
I like the extra control.
--
Will