[DeTomaso] POCA website malware warning?

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 08:01:17 EDT 2013

I switched to Mac for work too.

Most of my heavy work is on Linux, so I need SSH, VPN, Remote Desktop,
VNC, and X-Windows, but I also use Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and
sometimes Powerpoint and Visio.  Mac has all of that except for Visio.
There isn't a Mac Project, but there's Merlin, which can read Project, and
it is probably better as good as Project, but I haven't used it that much
to verify.

Best of all, my Macbook Air is just as fast as the day I bought it, and I
don't run virus scans.  My biggest hassle is dealing with IT groups that
refuse to support anything but Windows.  So, for example, our problem
ticketing system will only run with IE.  It would probably work with
Safari, but there's a check when you login.  If you aren't running IE, it
complains and exits.

I bet if you included the total cost of running Windows (virus scans,
software that isn't included) that Mac would be the same price as Windows.

I'm upset with myself for waiting so long to make the switch.
--
Will