[DeTomaso] Replacement Carb Recommendation

Peter Cajthaml pcajthaml at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 19:38:43 EDT 2013

Hello again everyone.  I have moved #2761 to SoCal two years ago, and am
now experiencing  some problems with the stock Autolite carb. (the engine
is also stock)

First, the throttle linkage lever failed, so I drilled a new hole and
shortened it. (this resulted in an on/off type throttle response)

Lately, I am having problems with the car running rich, and flooding when
running hot, especially during hard acceleration.  I have not been very
successful at adjusting the carn to resolve this.  Also, since I don't know
if I can find a new throttle linkage lever for the Autolite, I am
considering replacing it.

I saw Mikael Hass' Summit carb endorsement earlier this month, and found
that I can get a Summit Racing Street & Strip® Carburetors "SUM-M08600VS"
for $240, free shipping.

Suggestions on either taming the Autolite or replacing it?

thanks in advance,

Peter