[DeTomaso] spark plugs

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 14:26:25 EDT 2013

"What other spark plugs ( besides the NKG UR4) do Pantera owners that drive their Cleveland powered cars competitively recommend (use)?"

Autolite.  They're effective, reliable and inexpensive!

I've also used NGK-UR4 and Bosche plugs in my Pantera. No noticeable performance differences.

NEVER use a Platinum plug in your carbureted 351C.  Platinum plugs require precise air/fuel metering only possible with an EFI system, otherwise they foul quickly and your engine will be hard to start.

If you want to save some money and enjoy better performance than you'll get from all those overpriced or gimicky plugs, do the following...

1. Buy inexpensive quality Motorcraft or Autolite plugs
2. Side gap them
    Read more here: http://performanceunlimited.com/illustrations/sparkplugs.html

3. Index the plugs, as already recommended

#'s 2 and 3 above will give you greater performance gains than fancy overpriced spark plugs. You'll get the most bang for your buck!

Cheers!
Garth