[DeTomaso] E3 SPARK PLUGS

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 10:40:04 EDT 2013

First of all, I think these plugs are mostly smoke and mirrors. They may
offer an advantage in certain situations but not overall, otherwise, as was
pointed out earlier, the car companies would have been using them.

So here's my theory. It seems highly unlikely there could be enough voltage
to create three arcs over the three prongs so maybe the three prongs are
there to do something else? Maybe they are there to break up the flame
front. Normally this is a clean line burning outward thru the mixture from
the plug. Now if that flame front is obstructed by the other prongs, it
might cause the flame front to break up like it shows in the video. Why you
would want to do that is not clear to me. Does it maximize the energy
produced by the burn, does it burn the fuel mixture more completely, does
it maximize the energy at the right place in the cycle to maximize
torque from that cylinder(sooner is not necessarily better)? Somehow it
seems to me that a clean line flame front burn would produce the most
energy from the fuel mixture. What do you think?  %^))

Jeff
6559