[DeTomaso] E3 SPARK PLUGS

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Mon Aug 26 13:32:19 EDT 2013

Multi-ground spark plugs lasts longer, that's why VW use three ground
plugs. The plug will only fire at one of the gaps anyway. Once the gap
that fires easiest has worn a bit the plug will start firing from one
other gap.

Wear is very noticeable on these plugs. When replaced, at around 60000km
or so, the center electrode is shaped like a wankel rotor :)

Personally I only use NGK plugs. The Pantera now has UR4:s bought in the
US. Not sure if they can be had here. Seems they have different plugs in
Europe and the US.

Thomas