[DeTomaso] Headlight issue

paulrob77 at cox.net paulrob77 at cox.net
Sat Aug 24 22:28:08 EDT 2013

Try with a firm whack on the left panel where the light relays are.  I have been doing this for years.

Paul Roberts    6681

.Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Headlights won`t go down again
To: joernco at online.no, detomaso at poca.com

Jorn, when a couple of Panteras stuck their headlights recently, I found
there are TWO power wires- one drives the motor and the other lights up the
headlights. They are not routed nor fused the same.

The wire driving the headlight motor draws power from a side-lug on the
headlight switch in '72-73 cars. On one car it was off the lug and dangling; on
the other, it was plugged into the wrong lug.

If this doesn't work, you'll have to get out the VOM & schematic and start
tracing the power wire backwards or forward from the headlight switch until
you find a break. Good luck- J Deryke