[DeTomaso] Late model window motor

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 06:55:19 EDT 2013

I bought Ford Taurus motors for my late model car, as this is a common
retrofit for the Ford era cars.

I took my door panel off and pulled the mechanism out and found that the
metal bracket to which the motor is mounted is completely different from
the early cars. There was no material where I would need to bolt the new
motor to the bracket. I put everything back the way it was, and the Taurus
motors are back on the shelf.

I mention this as I don't believe this has been commented in the past. If
you are looking for a challenge, then perhaps you could fabricate a new
bracket, duplicating the old style, and use a Taurus or Windstar motor on
this bracket? But you should know that it isn't plug-and-play as on earlier
cars...