[DeTomaso] NPC - Selling a car on the Internet - question

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 20:51:49 EDT 2013

Wait!  What's the date today?  No, it's not April Fools Day!  Ok the answer is "NO!"  Do NOT send the pink slip with only 50% of the cash received!  He owns the car, for half price at that point.

1. He send wire you all the money., Then you send him the pink slip. Then his carrier picks up the car.
    You might provide a signed bill of sale and photocopy of the signed pink slip with change of ownership info filled out to give him piece of mindwhen he sends the funds, but don't release the pink until all funds are received and verified good.
2. He can hire an agent or friend to hand deliver the cashier's check in exchange for the pink slip, so you get your cash and he gets the title at the same time.

3. Use an escrow service. He pays for the fees since it's for his protection.

Never release the title until you have "good" funds - verified cashiers check, wire transfer, cash, etc.

Cheers!
Garth