[DeTomaso] A brilliant idea from the National Motorist's Ass'n

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 17:32:04 EDT 2013

They question you have to ask yourself is 1. Are you willing to break the
law to fight something that you think is blatantly unfair ( red light
tickets ticket the owner who is not neccesarily the driver ) when the car
he owns triggers a red light camera violation. Ther have been several
Legislators who have challenged these laws and have provided some proof
that they are not accurate .
2. What is worse ( ie. a more serious violation a.having a cover on your
license plate or b. getting a red light camera ticket ?) Currently as far
as I know a red light camera ticket is not a moving violation because they
can't prove who is driving the car. If a device that makes a license plate
unreadable is a moving violation or a criminal offence then it may not be
worth the risk. For those of you who answered ( hopefully to themselves)
that they are not willing to break the law , remember that next time you
have the Pantera out and the speedo  needle is nudging past the 75 mph mark!
Another point woth investigating , the author implied that it was neccesary
to view the license plate from an extreme obtuse angle ( on top of a camera
pole). So under normal circumstances the obscuring effect should not be
noticeable at all from the normal position a law officer might be viewing
ones license plate from.
>From mu expierience and understanding of the law it is illegal to have any
kind of cover on a license plate. I would be interested in experimenting
with the glass used in some upscale restaurant's bathroom doors that are
translucent and with the flip of a switch the glass becomes opaque!That's
real James Bond stuff!
Boyd

P.S.
Will , does that mean it's illegal to put a license plate on your car in
Missisippi? " If a human can't read it it's illegal" ( Missisippi has one
of the highest illiteracy rates in the country) LOL