[DeTomaso] Headlights won`t go down again

John Buckman jb841 at cox.net
Mon Aug 19 14:45:00 EDT 2013

When mine failed, my headlights went down and wouldn't come back up, but I
don't know if they fail "backwards", ie the way you describe?
>>>Charlie,

>>>When the headlight portion of  the headlight switch fails, the headlights do not illuminate and the headlight
door motor relay will not activate (only required to raise the headlights).  However, the parking lights may
still function.

As an FYI, if the headlight switch ever goes bad while you are "on the road", joining all three of the wires on the
back of the headlight switch will get you going again.  I've made a jumper (with three male spade connectors)
that I keep in the car, "just in case".

John