[DeTomaso] Horn Maintenance

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 17:35:09 EDT 2013

Before you go crazy trying to repair your air horns it might be easier just
to replace them. Harbor freight sells a variety of air horns  ( a two horn
set ,a three horn set , red plastic horns and Chrome plastic horns). They
don't have all of them all the time but they are inexpensive.
Here is a link to Harbor freights 3 trumpet air horn with compressor for
$15.99.

Air Horns<http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle.html?CatPath=All%2BProducts%252F%252F%252F%252FAutomotive%2B%2526%2BMotorcycle%2F%2F%2F%2FHorns&RequestData=CA_CategoryExpand>

The horn button operates a relay and all the horn equipment is located in
the right front fender underneath the right headlight ( unless it's been
relocated) You need to remove the front fender liner to access the horn
components ) I believe the stock horns were electric. I installed air horns
in my car and the biggest problem is fitting the compressor and the
trumpets in the stock location. It is especially difficult if you have
stock sealed beam headlights . the take up most of the room in the front
fender space. I have cats eye Hella HID projectors which take up much less
space then the 7" sealed beams.

Boyd