[DeTomaso] Horn Maintenance

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 14:47:50 EDT 2013

I'll save Larry from Cleveland the effort, and say that I'm not as horny as
I used to be?

My air horn appears to be only producing noise from one of the two airhorns.
This is a new development, as both used to sound.

This is the stock setup in my car:

Yes, I have been fudzing around in the area.  But I don't see possible
failure modes where only one horn would blow. There is a single electrical
connection which I assume activates a mini-compressor. I'd assume that if
one horn sounds, then the other should as well. The only failure mode I
could see in my innocence is an air hose ruptured, and they appear to be in
good shape.

Steve Leibenow wrote in the POCA newsletter that he had to oil his air horns
(yes, it's true) in his Mangusta to get them to work again. Any suggestions
on what to look for in my case? Jack (or Steve) do you remember what issue
had the article on oiling your air horns? Are these symptoms compatible with
Steve's?

Thanks all!

Charles McCall
Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe