[DeTomaso] Stress-relieving Rims

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Aug 18 01:01:42 EDT 2013

In a message dated 8/17/13 9:20:43 PM, will.kooiman at gmail.com writes:

> Then I read the article in Profiles (or the newsletter, I don't remember
> which) where Hall Pantera took several rims, had problems repaired, and
> then did all of the stripping, heat treating, and finally powder coating. I
> have 4 of these, and they look MUCH better than the rims I started with.

All the major vendors offer reconditioned (welded & remachined,
straightened & stress-relieved) Campys in most sizes, at competitive prices. They all
treat the rims much as I described. What most guys don't realize is how much
mounted alloy (both aluminum and magnesium) rims flex in hard cornering!
They do not have an easy life, for sure. FWIW- J Deryke